Retail Customer Service Representative
PERMANENT PART-TIME POSITION IN SQUAMISH
CLOSES: AUGUST 15, 2019 11:30pm (PST).
- Great opportunity to help make a difference to the Squamish Nation community!
- Use your retail and leadership experience to join a dynamic and progressive First Nations government.
- Enjoy a competitive salary
ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Retail Customer Service Representative to join our dynamic and progressive team in Squamish, BC.
This senior level customer services position is responsible for selling gas, cigarettes and other confectionary items to membership and the general public. The incumbent performs non-routine duties, some that may not have well-defined policies and procedures, including assistance with inventory management and merchandise stocking. This position is responsible for cash floats and open/close procedures. Assists Team Leader with supervision of staff.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists Retail Reps with operation of store according to procedure including scheduling, opening/closing store, operating Point of Sale (POS) system, tax exempt sales, cash drops, cleanliness, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service in a professional and courteous manner. Assists Team Leader with difficult clients, utilizing policy as needed.
- Performs data entry, maintenance, reconciliations, POS System, back office data maintenance and paperwork according to regulatory and departmental policy.
- Oversees stocking of merchandise.
- Assists Team Leader with maintenance, routine inspections and organization of buildings and properties.
- Assists Team Leader with supervision, training and development of Customer Service Representatives 01 – 02.
- Assists with coordination, purchase, recommendations, and price of products.
- Assists Team Leader with developing and maintaining inventory maintenance system to monitor and control inventory. Orders fuel and products as directed.
- Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as part of the Retail Operations and Business Revenue & Services team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Completion of Grade 12.
- 2 - 3 years of directly-related experience in the majority of specialties listed in this job description including retail, customer service, staff supervision, building maintenance, computer entry and following open/close procedures and cleaning store.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to WHMIS, merchandising, inventory management, First Aid, etc.
- Experience as a beginner level user of Microsoft Office Applications – Outlook (Email), Excel, Word, etc.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is an asset.
- Must be willing to work at all retail locations in both the Lower Mainland and Squamish Valley.
- Valid BC Driver’s License Class 5 is preferred. Class 7N may be considered.
- Reliable vehicle and current auto insurance OR access to reliable transportation.
- Must travel as required.
- Must be able to work split shifts, evenings and weekends as required.
- Must successfully complete a Criminal Records Check as per Squamish Nation Policy.
Salary: $36,359 to $42,775 annually, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
If you're looking for a new opportunity to use your experience, consider joining Squamish Nation. Apply online today!