Home Care Nurse Assessor
North Vancouver, BC
PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION IN NORTH VANCOUVER
CLOSES: AUGUST 22, 2019 11:30 PST
- Help make a difference to the Squamish First Nations community
- Enjoy a competitive salary, plus comprehensive benefits and pension plan
About the Squamish Nation
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
About the Opportunity
We have a great opportunity for a Home Care Nurse Assessor to join our dynamic and progressive First Nations government in North Vancouver.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Home & Community Care (HCC), the Nurse Assessor is a registered nurse providing assessment, supervisory and clinical nursing skills to effectively assess and coordinate client care for the Squamish Nation Community. The incumbent provides direction and guidance to the Personal Care and Home Care Support Workers. This position is responsible for accurate records of client assessments and manages assessment files. The incumbent is accountable for developing and maintaining relationships with external service providers for advocacy and referrals. The incumbent reviews and evaluates the satisfaction of clients regarding the home care services. As an Indigenous service provider, the incumbent supports and promotes a holistic approach to home care.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinates home care services.
- Develops a client centered care plan with the Manager of HCC.
- Ensures accurate program and client records are maintained and kept confidential.
- Participates in the planning, development and evaluation of the Health Wellness & Recreation, Home and Community Care program.
- Maintains supportive and efficient internal/external relationships.
- Stays current and pursues continuous professional development.
- Adheres to workplace Health & Safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the Home & Community Care and Health, Wellness & Recreation teams.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or relevant/related degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of Three years of directly related experience in the majority of duties listed in the job description including in public health and community based setting nursing, primary care, health records databases, community health and assessment, excellent written and interpersonal communications skills and proven to have worked effectively with a variety of people and circumstances.
- Must be member in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Must have Foot Care certification or willing to obtain within set timeframe.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to nursing skills through attendance at workshops, conferences, keeps abreast of current literature and Best Practices guidelines, client record documentation, home care programs, etc.
- Experience as an intermediate level user MS Office, the internet, etc. Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is preferred.
- Must have valid First Aid Level 1 and CPR certification, or willing to obtain within set timeframe.
- Must have reliable vehicle/insurance/valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 or 5. Class 7N may be considered.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required. Must be able to travel to Squamish.
- Must successfully complete Criminal Records Check with vulnerable sector search as per Squamish Nation Policy.
- May be willing to consider a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and a minimum of 1 year nurse assessor work experience.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Salary: $64,033 to $75,333, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, CANDIDATES MUST COMPLETE ONLINE FORM BY AUGUST 22, 2019 11:30 PM (PST).