PERMANENT FULL-TIME IN SQUAMISH
CLOSES: February 15, 2019 11:30PM (PST)
- Great opportunity to help make a difference to the Squamish Nation community!
- Join a dynamic and progressive First Nations government.
- Enjoy a competitive salary, plus comprehensive benefits and pension plan.
ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Coordinator to join our team in Squamish, BC.
This administrative position is responsible for providing a variety of administrative support to the Manager, Community Operations. The incumbent receives calls/emails and coordinates bookings, contractors and member home repairs along with the necessary administrative tasks. Requires a broad range of technical/administrative/coordinating skills, is well organized with exceptional time management, multi-tasking skills and strong interpersonal skills. The incumbent operates at a high level of membership interaction and must be able to respond with courtesy, tact and diplomacy.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and receives/responds to incoming inquiries and emails for bookings/rentals.
- Coordinates and receives/responds to inquiries and emails regarding member home repairs.
- Responsible for filing and monitoring/managing the Community Operations Help Desk.
- Provides front line administrative and secretarial support to Community Operations.
- Prepares cheque requisitions and purchase orders, etc.
- Adheres to workplace Health & Safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the Community Operations and Squamish Valley Operations Teams.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Short-listed applicants must meet the Internal Job Posting criteria / requirements as per Recruitment & Selection Policy #B policy - effective date September 17, 2018
You will also demonstrate:
- Certificate in Office Administration or related/relevant field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Plus 1 to 3 years of directly-related experience in the majority of duties listed in job description including administrative/office duties, coordinating, word-processing, file management, bookings, preparing purchase orders, etc.
- Experience as an intermediate level user MS Office, the internet, etc.
- Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is preferred.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License Class 4, 5. Class 7N may be considered.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance or be willing to obtain within a set timeframe.
- Must successfully complete Criminal Records Check with a vulnerable sector search as per Squamish Nation Policy.
- Grade 12 plus 4 - 6 years may substitute for above education and experience.
As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to classroom management, developmental delays and diagnoses in children, Squamish language, first nation’s child development, curriculum development, language immersion etc.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Please note that candidates must apply online by February 15, 2019 at 11:30 PM (PST).