Receptionist / Admin Support
PERMANENT FULL-TIME IN NORTH VANCOUVER
CLOSES: DECEMBER 6, 2018 11:30 PST
ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
About the Opportunity
We have a great opportunities for Receptionist / Admin Support professionals to join our dynamic and progressive team in both North Vancouver location.
Reporting to the Yúustway Health Services Admin Coordinator, the Receptionist is the first point of contact for the Yúustway Health Services department, routing all requests, phone calls, correspondence and clients to the appropriate individual or division. The position is responsible for the front office reception, managing a multi-line computer-based switchboard and ensuring efficient operation of the office. The incumbent performs basic clerical duties and provides support to health professionals and members of the Health Services administrative team during work overflow.
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for reception function.
- Performs clerical duties.
- Receives visitors and Nation Members.
- Provides support to Health Professionals.
- Manages boardroom bookings.
- Assists other divisions with administrative overflow and special projects as needed.
- Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the Strategic Partnerships & Management and Yúustway Health Services teams.
The Ideal Candidate
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Certificate in Medical Office Assistant, Office Management, Administration or a relevant/related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 1 year of directly-related experience in the majority of specialties listed in the job description including receptionist and medical office assistant duties, clerical functions, computer operation, etc
- Experience as an intermediate level user MS Office, the internet, etc.
- Knowledge of services provided by Yúustway Health Services and external health and related services.
- Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is preferred.
- Must have a valid BC Drivers License Class 4 or 5. Class 7N may be considered.
- Must be able to work evening and weekends as required.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance.
- Must successfully complete Criminal Records Check with a vulnerable sector search as per Squamish Nation Policy.
- Grade 12 plus 4 years may substitute for above education and experience.
As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to switchboard operation, business writing, business machine operation, etc.
A combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered for above education and experience.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.