Managing Director, Administrative Operations
PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION
CLOSES: JULY 11, 2019 11:30 PST
- Great opportunity to join the Squamish First Nations community.
- Take your career to new heights with a dynamic and progressive First Nations government!
ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Managing Director, Administrative Operations to join our team in North Vancouver, BC on a permanent full-time basis.
Reporting directly to the Squamish Nation Council and working in conjunction with the Managing Director, Nation Services, the Managing Director, Administrative Operations will oversee the Squamish Nation organizations ongoing operations and procedures and is responsible for the planning, directing, coordinating, supervising, and efficiency of all administrative and operations business.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Designing and implementing administrative strategies that outline and set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Carrying out administrative functions including HR, Finance, IT, Procurement, etc.
- Evaluating and establishing policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Liaising with government agencies ensuring the Squamish Nation is meeting its funding and reporting requirements.
- Monitoring proposal calls ensuring the Squamish Nation departments apply for all available funding.
- Monitoring and evaluating daily operations of the organization and the work of direct reports.
- Collaborating with Managing Directors on budgeting, forecasting, and planning.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant external and internal legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with partners and vendors.
- Participating in committees and assisting sectors with strategic and operational considerations associated with a wide range of programs, projects, initiatives, or proposals.
- Establishing metrics and KPIs to measure, follow, calculate, and evaluate organizational performance.
- Ensuring HR, Finance, and IT best practices are utilized.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
To be successful in this role, you will have a Masters or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Management, or a related degree from a recognized post-secondary institution combined with a minimum of 5 years experience in an executive level management position with responsibility for 5 or more senior direct reports and 50 or more indirect reports.
In order to succeed in this role, you will have exceptional communication and presentation skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to lead a team, handle numerous projects simultaneously and develop, communicate, and implement successful strategic initiatives while handling sensitive, contentious, complex and highly confidential issues involving multiple and diverse stakeholders with skill, tact and diplomacy.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you will have previous experience reporting to a board or council and be committed to continuous professional development including job-required training and courses.
Please note that in order to be considered, you must successfully complete Criminal Records Check as per Squamish Nation Policy.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary based on skills and experience. You will also receive a great range of employee benefits, including:
Benefits package that includes employer-paid comprehensive health coverage
Generous pension program
Office located in beautiful North Vancouver
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of a progressive and growing organization, at an exciting time. Furthermore, you will enjoy being part of a working environment that promotes personal and professional growth in an atmosphere of trust, respect, and collaboration.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to use your experience, consider joining Squamish Nation. Apply online today!