Recruiting & Orientation Officer
- Great opportunity to join the Squamish First Nations community.
- Take your career to new heights with a dynamic and progressive First Nations government!
ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Recruiting & Orientation Officer to join our team in North Vancouver on a permanent full-time basis. Reporting to the Team Leader, Recruitment and Orientation, this position is responsible for full cycle recruiting. The Recruiting & Orientation Officer will also be expected to manage social media accounts, attend job fairs and assist the team with new and innovative recruitment strategies.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Working with the Team Leader, in the planning and implementation of recruitment campaigns. Liaising with Directors, Managers and other hiring department staff, participates in shortlisting, interview panels, recruitment process and advises of costs associated with recruitment.
- Evaluating qualified candidates prior to closing dates to determine if extensions or increased advertising is needed and keeps Directors/Managers informed.
- Communicating with candidates regarding interviews, pre-testing, follow-up, hiring, etc.
- Creating and monitoring postings, advertising and full cycle of recruitment.
- Maintaining, tracking and presenting the Squamish Nation Orientation program to new employees. Providing Safety Orientation packages to new employees and tracks completed packages as they are received.
- Tracking and reviewing conditions of employment, as per the employees signed employment agreement, ensuring Supervisors are abreast in advance of end dates.
- Performing senior administrative functions to support the Recruitment & Orientation Team, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Completing Employment Agreements, JDEdwards entry, PIFs, etc. as required.
- Providing back up support for job design function.
- Assisting with special projects/functions that relate to recruitment, compensation, job requirements, probation, organizational charts, etc.
- Adhering to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices & procedures.
- Participating as a member of the Recruiting & Orientation and Chenchenstway Human Resources Team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To be successful in this role, you will have a Diploma specializing in Human Resources or Business Administration with a HR focus, or a relevant/related field degree from a recognized post-secondary institution combined with a minimum of 2-3 years of directly related experience in the majority of duties listed in the job description including full cycle recruiting, interviewing, shortlisting, orientation development/presentations, scheduling, interacting and communicating with management, advertising campaign management, etc.
A Certificate specializing in HR may be considered if combined with a minimum of 4 years of directly related experience in full cycle recruiting.
In order to succeed in this role, you will have excellent time management, organizational, coordination, communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a high level of interaction with both employees and management.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience as an intermediate level user of all Microsoft Office applications, etc. Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. (Experience with JDEdwards is an asset.)
- Previous experience working in a First Nations community (particularly Squamish) is an asset.
- A valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 or 5. Class 7N may be considered.
- A reliable vehicle and current auto insurance.
- Willingness to travel to Squamish as required i.e. 1 – 3 time per month.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
Please note that in order to be considered, you must successfully complete Criminal Records Check as per Squamish Nation Policy.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
The successful incumbent will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary based on skills and experience. You will also receive a great range of employee benefits, including:
Benefits package that includes employer-paid comprehensive health coverage
Generous pension program
Office located in beautiful North Vancouver
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of a progressive and growing organization, at an exciting time. Furthermore, you will enjoy being part of a working environment that promotes personal and professional growth in an atmosphere of trust, respect, and collaboration.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to use your experience, consider joining Squamish Nation. Apply online today!